To protect your account, many security advisers strongly recommend to change your Netflix password in a regular basis. This will keep your Netflix account from unauthorized people and secure the personal information.
There are two simple methods that you can try if you want to change your Netflix password: using a computer browser and mobile app.
How to change your Netflix password via web browser
- Launch a web browser and log into Netflix.
- Point the cursor over your profile icon in the upper right corner and choose Account.
- Under the Membership and Billing section, select “Change Password”.
- Enter your current password and type the new password that you want. Click “Save”.
READ ALSO: How to Fix Netflix Error Code NSES-500
How to change your Netflix password from the mobile app
- Open Netflix app on your smartphone or tablet.
- In the bottom right corner, select “More”.
- Tap on “Account”.
- The app will open a web browser. Select “Change password”.
- Type the current password and enter the new password that you desire. Click “Save” when you’re done.
However, there is a bug on Netflix for iPhone or iPad that prevents you from seeing the “More” menu. If this menu is missing from your screen, you can change your password through a web browser.
To fix the bugs on Netflix, we suggest you update the application.
READ ALSO: How to Change Hulu Password
Can I change my password if I forgot my current password?
Basically, if you want to change your password, you must know your current password. As you know that you must log into your Netflix account in the first place.
If you have forgotten your Netflix password and still want to change your Netflix password, you can tap on “Need help?” or “Forgot password?”. This feature will reset your Netflix password and you will have a new password in the end.