Learn how to reset the Apple TV remote in 3 easy steps.
When your Apple TV remote is not working properly, it will likely become unresponsive. This is quite annoying because you cannot change the channel or do anything else without your remote. In short, your Apple TV becomes useless.
Then, what should you do to fix your Apple TV remote not working issue?
Do reset your Apple TV remote to fix the issue.
In this post, you will learn how to do those two methods above in less than two minutes.
Let’s get started!
How to Reset Apple TV Remote in 3 Easy Steps
- Disconnect your TV and Apple TV from the power source and let them sit for 10 seconds. Then, connect them back.
- Take your Apple TV Remote. Then, press and hold Menu and Volume Up together for 6 seconds.
- Release the buttons.
That’s it. You have successfully reset your Apple TV remote. It should be able to work normally like before.
Now, it’s time to try the remote. Point out your Apple TV remote to the Apple TV device and try to move the channels or speak some words to Siri.
How to Pair Apple TV Remote with Apple TV
Basically, your Apple TV remote is automatically paired with your Apple TV device. However, if the pair is disconnected right after your reset your Apple TV remote, you need to re-pair them.
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- Place the Apple TV remote in 3 to 4 inches (8-10 cm) from the Apple TV.
- Do one of the following:
- Apple TV Remote (Siri Remote) 1st generation: Hold down Back and Volume Up buttons for 3 seconds.
- Apple TV Remote (Siri Remote) 2nd generation: Hold down Menu and Volume Up buttons for 3 seconds.
You will see a message on your TV screen when the pairing is done successfully.
Note: You can only pair your Apple TV Remote (Siri Remote) with one Apple TV device.
How to Charge Apple TV Remote
Now, you don’t need to replace the batteries because Apple TV Remote comes with a rechargeable battery inside. Interestingly, the Apple TV Remote battery can last quite long. In a year, you only need to charge Apple TV Remote a few times if you use it normally.
How do you know if its power is running low? When do you need to charge your Apple TV remote?
There will be an alert when your Apple TV Remote is running out of power. The alert will appear on your TV screen, so you will notice it clearly and soundly. Or, you can check the battery level in the Settings.
- Go to Settings on your Apple TV.
- Select Remote and Devices > Remote.
An Apple TV Remote or Siri Remote, both 1st and 2 generations, comes with a lightning port. You can see it at the bottom of the remote.
To charge your Apple TV Remote, you will need a lightning cable and a USB power adapter. Do the following:
- Plug one end of the Lightning cable to the Lightning port.
- Plug another end of the Lightning cable to a USB power adapter.
- Plug the USB power adapter to the main power socket.
Note: You can also plug the lightning cable to a computer USB port if you don’t have a USB power adapter.
The charging will take around 3 hours to finish. The good news is you can still use your Apple TV Remote while it’s charging.
Contact Support for queries.
- 4 Best Apple TV Remote Apps for Android
- How to Cancel Apple TV Subscription in 5 Easy Steps
- How to Turn on/off Apple Airplay Mirroring