Recently we heard that many users reported Hulu error code RUNUNK13 when they were trying to play a movie on Hulu. Many thought that this error only appear on Apple TV and iOS devices, but actually it can happen to other devices like Android and Fire TV, even web browser.
When the Hulu error code RUNUNK13 appears, users usually will see one of the following message on their screen:
- Error playing video
- We encountered an error playing this video. Please try restarting the video or select something else to watch.
- Hulu Error Code: RUNUNK13
What cause Hulu Error Code RUNUNK13
It seems that this error is caused by data corruption. But there are possibilities that it happens because of the connection problem, Hulu playback malfunction, or even the servers.
Basically, when you are watching a movie on Hulu, your device will download the content and temporarily save it in your device. And during the data writing process, it’s likely that the data of the content are corrupted and it causes the error.
To get rid of this issue, there are several things that you can try like restarting the device, updating your Hulu playback, clearing data and cache and many more. You can check them on the next section.
- Hulu Keeps Freezing? Follow these 7 Methods to Fix!
- 5 Simple Ways to Fix Hulu Error Code p-dev320
- Easy Ways to Get Hulu, Disney & ESPN bundle
How to Fix Hulu Error Code RUNUNK13 in 10 Methods
- Refresh the page or reload the video once you get Hulu error code RUNUNK13. It is the simplest, yet recommended solution that comes along with the error message. If this works and you no longer see the error, then you’re good to go.
- Restart your device when you have the error. It will refresh the system and the network. It’s simple, yet quite powerful to get rid errors.
- Consider to use different device or browser to access Hulu. If the RUNUNK13 error keeps occurring, it simply means that the error doesn’t come from your device nor browser. The error may come from the Hulu itself, just wait until it’s fixed. In the other hand, if the error disappears, your device or browser is the main cause of it.
- Try to clear the Hulu app cache and data. Corrupted data can be one of the causes of the Hulu error code RUNUNK13. So, this method is worth to try. Each device has different way to clear the cache and data. Follow the steps below based on the device you are using.
- iOS: Navigate to Settings > General > Storage > Hulu. Delete and uninstall the app.
- Android: Navigate to Settings > Apps > See all apps. Select the Hulu app > clear data and clear cache.
- Fire TV: Navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu > Clear cache > Clear data.
- Apple TV: Apple TV doesn’t give permission to clear cache, so what you can do it restart the device. Press the menu and home button simultaneously, then go to Settings > System > Restart.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the Hulu app can be an easier way to clear the data and cache. When you reinstall the app, make sure that you install the latest update.
- Update the Hulu app. When was the last time you update your app? Check the version of the app on your device. If yours is outdated, you can start to download and install the update. Remember, that each device has different method to update the app.
- Upgrade the device. If there is a new version of your device and you have use yours for a couple of years, you might consider to upgrade your device to the newer version. However, you should make sure that the latest version of the Hulu app is available for the newly device.
- If you are watching Hulu via your browser, try to clear the browser cache. Go to Preferences > Privacy & Security, then Clear Data and cookies or cache. This will fix corrupted data in the cache or cookies that sometimes cause error in playing movies and series.
- Update your web browser to fix Hulu error code RUNUNK13. Outdated web browser may reduce the performance of Hulu’s new features. Sometimes, just simply updating your web browser can fix Hulu errors.
- Restart network connection. A high speed internet connection is required to access Hulu. If your connection is slow, you might not be able to have the best playback experience. Thus, you can check your connection speed or simply restart your network hardware to refresh the connection. To restart your modem, you can unplug and leave it for 30 seconds to 1 minutes. Then, plug the modem back and connect to the internet network again.
Those were the 10 methods that you can try to fix Hulu error code RUNUNK13 that prevents you from enjoying the movie streaming service. However, if those methods fail and the RUNUNK13 error persists, we suggest you to contact Hulu support to help you. It could be that the problem is not coming from your device nor the network, but it comes from the Hulu. To reach the Hulu Support team, you can go to https://hulu.tv/_ContactSupport.
If you need an alternative to enjoy movie and series, you can download Pluto TV, a free movie streaming service. Check out this page to know more about this wonderful app.