Are you looking for a way to watch HBO Max on your Samsung Smart TV? Then, you are in the right place.
In this post, you will learn some of the followings:
- To learn Samsung Smart TV compatible devices for HBO Max.
- How to install HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV.
- How to sign in to HBO Max through a TV.
- Troubleshoot HBO Max on TV.
Let’s dive right in.
Samsung Smart TV Compatible Devices
One first thing you need to do is to make sure that your Samsung Smart TV is compatible with HBO Max. It’s because not all Samsung TV models are supported.
Basically, if your Samsung Smart TV is 2016 models or above, it supports HBO Max. Then, you can download HBO Max from the Apps section.
But if you’re not sure about your Samsung Smart TV year model, you can check it on the compatible devices list. Make sure that your model is on the list.
Once it’s all set, you can go to the next step.
Read also: How to Get HBO Max on VIZIO Smart TV
How to install HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV
Samsung TV 2016 models or later
Do the following steps:
- Go to Smart Hub > Apps.
- Search for HBO Max.
- Download HBO Max and sign in.
2015 or older
If you’re using Samsung TV 2015 model or older that supports cast, you can use a casting method to watch HBO Max on your device.
What is cast? The cast is mirroring or projecting pictures or videos from your phones or tablet to a bigger screen like TV wirelessly. This can be done using a device like a Chromecast.
- Samsung TV with HDMI port
- Google Chromecast
- Wireless connection
- Android or iOS smartphone or tablet
- Google Home App for Android or iOS
Cast on Samsung TV using a Chromecast
- Plug in the Google Chromecast to the HDMI port on your Samsung TV. Also, connect your Chromecast to the power adapter.
- Connect the Chromecast and your phone or tablet to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download and install Google Home App on your Android or iOS phone.
- Set your TV source to the HDMI port through settings.
- Open Google Home App on your phone and let it search and connect to the Chromecast.
- Tap on Continue.
- Some codes to connect the Chromecast and your phone will appear. Tap on That’s my code in the Chromecast app.
- Open the HBO Max on your phone or tablet and play a movie.
- Tap on the Cast button to watch it on your Samsung TV.
Cast on Samsung TV using Smart View
However, some Samsung TVs have a cast feature built-in already. It is called Smart View. You can use this feature to cast your phone or tablet to your Samsung TV.
- Go to Play Store or App Store to download Samsung Smart View app and install it on your device.
- Connect your Android or iPhone and Samsung TV to the same wireless network.
- Open the Samsung Smart View app and search for your TV on the available devices list.
- Select your device and insert the PIN.
- Open HBO Max on your phone or tablet and play a movie.
Grab your popcorn and coffee because you are now ready to watch HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV.
Check also: How to Get HBO Max on LG Smart TV
How to sign in HBO Max through TV
To get access and enjoy all contents on HBO Max, you need to sign-in in the first place. You will need a phone in order to sign-in to HBO Max through TV.
- Open HBO Max on your TV and select Sign in.
- A 6-digit code will appear on your TV screen.
- On your phone, open a web browser and type https://hbomax.com/tvsignin or https://activate.hbomax.com. You will go to the Enter Code page.
- Insert the code and tap Next.
- Type the email address and password for your HBO Max.
- Tap Sign In.
- Wait for your TV to update and you’re ready to access HBO Max.
Troubleshoot HBO Max
Sign-in code not working
If for some reason, the code to sign-in is not working, you can do as follows:
- Make sure you insert the right link: https://activate.hbomax.com. Then, type the code on your TV.
- Use different browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Ask for a new code. To get it, do Sign In again on your TV.
Slow loads or buffer
If you encounter buffering when watching HBO Max on your Samsung Smart TV, try some of the followings:
- Restart your TV and phone to refresh the system.
- Check your connection speed. The minimum to watch movies on HBO Max is 5Mbps. To test the connection speed, open the browser and go to the Speed Test website. Tap on the GO button and wait for the result.
- Restart your modem or router.
- Update the HBO Max app on your device.
Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Help Center.
I’ve been writing about tech since 2014. I found it fascinating to see the development of technology. My focus mostly is on app reviews, tips & tricks, and troubleshooting.