Looking for a way to watch HBO Max on Roku TV? Follow this simple tutorial.
This post will also cover:
- Minimum requirements
- How to install
- How to sign in
Let’s jump in.
It is important to make sure if your device is compatible with HBO Max in advance.
To get HBO Max on your Roku TV, you need Roku OS 9.0 or later.
Here are steps to check the version of your Roku TV:
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Find Settings in the menu that appears.
- Find System info and select it.
- Open the About option.
If your OS is lower than the minimum requirement, we suggest you to update your OS.
To update the OS on Roku, do the following:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Go to Settings > System > System Update > Check now.
How to Get HBO Max on Roku TV
Once everything sets up, you can start to get HBO Max on your Roku TV.
- Go to Streaming Channels > Search Channels.
- Type HBO Max.
- Select HBO Max from the result.
- Choose Add channel.
After finished, you should sign in and subscribe to enjoy the contents on HBO Max to the fullest.
How to Sign in HBO Max
Sign in with email and password
There are several ways to sign in HBO Max on Roku devices:
- Open HBO Max and select Sign In. If you cannot find it, you can try with playing a movie or TV show. However, if sign in not available, it can also mean that you may have signed in already.
- If you get a message saying, “We found your subscription in Roku Pay.”, then you need to do one of the followings:
- Sign in: Enter your email and password to get into your account.
- Create Account: Select Create Account to complete creating your account. When it’s done, you can sign in.
Also check: How to Get HBO Max on VIZIO Smart TV
Sign in through a TV provider
Note: You will need a computer, phone or tablet to complete the sign in process.
- Open HBO Max on your TV and select Sign In.
- You will see a 6-digit code.
- Then, take your phone, computer, or tablet.
- Open a web browser and go to https://hbomax.com/tvsignin or https://activate.hbomax.com. You will see an Enter Code page.
- Type the activation codes that you see on your TV.
- Select Next.
- Choose Sign in Through TV or Mobile Provider.
- Select your provider from the list.
- Insert the username and password.
- If it’s your first time, confirm your name and email.
- Next, select Create Account.
- Wait for your TV to update and you’ll ready to watch.
If you have ever created an account using that email in advance, you will likely to receive a notification.
What can you do?
- Verify your email address. Choose this option and you will receive a new email from HBO Max with a code. Click the Link Account and enter the code from the email.
- Create new account if you want to have a new account with different email address. Enter the new email address to create a new account.
Read also: How to Stream HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV
Troubleshooting HBO Max
Code not working?
If the code is not working, make sure that the link is correct: https://activate.hbomax.com.
Or, you can try different web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) to get a new code.
HBO Max buffering
Check your network speed: Press the Home button on your remote. Next, navigate to Settings > Network > Check connection.
HBO Max not working on Roku TV
Do the following steps if HBO Max is not working properly:
- Restart Roku device.
- Roku streaming player: Go to Settings > System > System restart.
- Roku TV: Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart.
- Update HBO Max: Go to Settings > System > System update > Check now.
Uninstall and reinstall Roku TV
Note: Do this if you didn’t pay subscription through Roku.
- Choose HBO Max Channel on Roku and press the Star (*) button.
- Select Remove channel.
- Confirm by selecting Remove.
- Restart Roku TV.
- Go to the Channel Store and search HBO Max.
- Choose Add channel.
- Open HBO Max and sign in.
That’s it how to get HBO Max on Roku TV and the troubleshooting if you encounter some problems. For more information, please contact Support Center.
I’ve been writing about tech since 2014. I found it fascinating to see the development of technology. My focus mostly is on app reviews, tips & tricks, and troubleshooting.