HBO Max is available on Xfinity X1 and Flex. If you are wondering about how to get it on your device, then you are in the right place.
In this post, you will learn the following:
- How to install HBO Max
- How to sign in HBO Max
- Subscribe through Xfinity
Without further ado, let’s begin.
How to Install HBO Max on Xfinitiy X1 and Flex
Getting HBO Max on your Xfinity is easy-peasy. Here’s how:
- On your remote, press the Home or Xfinity button.
- Choose Apps > HBO Max.
- Sign in and subscribe.
How to Sign in HBO Max
To start watching the content on HBO Max, you should create an account and subscribe.
There are three ways to sign in through an Xfinity device:
1. Sign in through Xfinity
Do this method if HBO Max is included in the Xfinity TV bundle:
Note: You will need a phone or smartphone to complete it.
- Launch HBO Max on your Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex device.
- Select Sign In and you’ll see a 6-digit code on your TV. It is an activation code.
- Take your phone or computer.
- Launch a browser on your phone or computer and visit https://activate.hbomax.com.
- Then, enter the activation code that you’ve seen on your TV and click Next.
- Select Sign in Through TV or Mobile Provider.
- Select Xfinity.
- You will be automatically signed into your Xfinity account or asked to enter Xfinity ID and password.
- Type and confirm your name and email address. Choose Create Account.
- Wait for your TV to update and you’re ready to watch movies on HBO Max.
ALSO CHECK: How to Stream HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV
2. Sign in with an email dan password
If you have created an HBO Max account in advance, just insert your email and password to sign in.
3. Sign in through other devices
You can also sign in or create an HBO Max account on other devices like TV, internet or mobile provider.
The tutorial is similar to if you sign in through Xfinity above.
How to Subscribe through Xfinity X1 or Flex
- On the Xfinity voice remote, press the Home or Xfinity button.
- Select Apps > HBO Max.
- Select Subscribe Now.
- Choose Subscribe (skip this if HBO Max is already included with your Xfinity TV bundle).
- Do the instructions on the screen.
Note: For the first month, you’ll have to pay $15 (plus tax). It will be auto-renew every month.
Check on the following methods whenever you find a problem while trying to access HBO Max.
1. Can’t sign in?
Can’t verify subscription message
- Check your Xfinity TV bundle. It should include HBO Max. Visit https://customer.xfinity.com and sign in to your account and make sure that HBO Max is included.
- Make sure that your subscription is active. To do this, go to https://hbomax.com/account. Enter your email and password to sign in.
2. HBO Max not working
- Update your HBO Max app on your Xfinity device.
- Test your connection speed on Xfinity. To do this, open a browser and go to Fast. Your minimum download speed should be 5 Mbps.
- Restart your Xfinity and your modem or router. Unplug everything and wait for 30 seconds. Then, plug everything back and turn them on. Play a movie to see if the error persists.
That’s it! If you have any questions, please call Support Center.
READ ALSO: How to Watch HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV