HBO Max is available on Amazon Fire TV. And here, you will learn how to stream HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV with some easy steps.
In this post, we will also share with you some troubleshooting related to your Amazon Fire TV, such as:
- How to fix slow loading and buffering.
- Can’t sign in issue.
In addition, you will learn how to use Alexa voice commands to remote your Amazon Fire TV. It’s pretty cool and you should try it.
Before we proceed to the tutorial, you need to know the minimum requirement for your Fire TV:
- Amazon Fire TV: OS 5.3.6 or later
How to Install HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV
Once you make sure that the OS on your Amazon Fire TV is compatible with HBO Max, you can proceed to the steps below:
- Go to Apps on your Amazon Fire TV or tablet.
- Search for HBO Max.
- Download and install it on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Open HBO Max and sign in.
- Start the subscription to watch on-demand movies and TV series on HBO Max.
How much does HBO Max cost? To enjoy the content in HBO Max, you need to pay $14.99 per month. But for a limited time, it offers a 20% safe deal for a 6 month prepay. Visit the HBO Max website for more information.
- How to Watch HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Quick Setup Guide and Troubleshooting
Control Amazon Fire TV using Alexa voice command
Do you know that you can use the Alexa voice command to control your Amazon Fire TV? Using the voice command, you can search and play movies on HBO Max easily.
You can just say, “Alexa, find cartoons on HBO Max” or “Alexa, play Wonder Woman.”
If you are using an Alexa Voice Remote, hold down the Voice button and say the commands.
Here are some command words that you can use on Alexa:
- Open or launch to open an app: “Alexa, open HBO Max.”
- Find to search movies: “Alexa, find SpongeBob.”
- Play or watch to play a movie: “Alexa, play Raised by Wolves.”
- Season or Episode to play specific episode in a season: “Alexa, play His Dark Materials Season 2 Episode 2.”
- Pause to pause a movie: “Alexa, pause.”
- Resume, play, watch, or unpause to resume the movie: “Alexa, resume.”
- Stop to stop the movie: “Alexa, stop.”
- Fast forward to skip ahead 30 seconds: “Alexa, fast forward.”
- Rewind to skip back 30 seconds: “Alexa, rewind.”
Troubleshoot HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV
Are you experiencing some problems while streaming HBO Max on your Amazon Fire TV? You can try the methods in this section to get rid of the problems.
Some issues that appear on Fire TV are the HBO Max app not working, slow loading, buffering, and also can’t sign in.
HBO Max Not Working
You can try each of the following methods:
1. Restart your Amazon Fire TV and modem or router.
- Unplug all connected cable and devices.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Then, connect them all back and turn on your device.
2. Update your HBO Max app to get the latest version.
- Open HBO Max and select Menu on your remote.
- Select More Info in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Update.
3. Update the firmware of your Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates.
4. Clear cache and data.
- Navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Choose HBO Max.
- Tap on Force Stop.
- Click on Clear Data and Cache.
5. Delete and Reinstall App
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Select HBO Max app.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Download dan install the HBO Max app again from the Amazon Appstore.
ALSO READ: How to Get HBO Max on VIZIO Smart TV
Can’t sign in
If you can’t sign in to your Amazon Fire TV or tablet, do the following:
1. Use different device
Try to sign in from another device to make sure that you can sign in on your account. You can use your computer or Android/iOS phone.
2. Try different browser
Use another browser like Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
3. Code not working
If the code is not working, you can go to https://activate.hbomax.com. Then, request for new code.
Alexa voice command not working
Check if Alexa is connected to your Amazon Fire TV.
That’s it. Now, it’s time to grab popcorn and watch HBO Max on your Amazon Fire TV.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Support Center.
I’ve been writing about tech since 2014. I found it fascinating to see the development of technology. My focus mostly is on app reviews, tips & tricks, and troubleshooting.