It is important to set the parental control on Peacock TV, especially if you let your children access it. With the parental control sets up, you should not worry if they access the adult content. This also can help you monitor what content your kids watch on Peacock TV.
Having the parental control set up is actually the right way to protect our children from any impropriate content that they should not consume. Internet is like a wild forest with many “wild beasts” are waiting for preys. The number of cyber criminals are raising every year and many of the victims are children.
Watching movies can be addictive. It can mesmerize the kids into spending hours glued to the screen while they are mentally detached from their physical surroundings. Excessive screen time for children can result in bad posture, poor eyesight, inadequate sleep, and lack of physical activity. Parental control features can help set boundaries by setting time limits on the content they watch.
How to Set the Parental Control on Peacock TV
Peacock TV has five age-related parental control settings based upon the generally available TV and movie ratings. Read the following steps to set the parental control on Peacock TV:
- Little Kids – The programs are designed for children ages two to six. TV-Y
- Older Kids – The programs are for children ages seven and older. Some programs may contain some fantasy violence, so the parents should be aware of the programs as well. TV-Y7, TV-Y7 FV, TV-G, G
- Family – The programs may contain material that parents find unsuitable for younger children. TV-PG, PG
- Teen – The programs may contain material that parents would find unsuitable for children under 13 years of age. TV-14, PG-13
- Adult – The programs are adults only (ages 18 and above). TV-MA, R, NC-17, NR/UR
To set the parental control PIN, you can visit your account settings. If you need assistance setting to set your PIN, you can refer to this article.
It is important to set the parental control on Peacock TV. You should do it for the sake of your children. Don’t let them sit in front of the screen for too long. If you happen to have questions about it, feel free to contact us.