Reset your Chromecast Ultra to factory resetting to fix any issues that happen to your device. It can be done in less than a minute and your device will go back to normal again.
Follow the easy steps that we will provide in this post.
Can you factory reset a Chromecast Ultra?
Yes, you can!
It is absolutely possible to reset your Chromecast Ultra or previous versions to its factory settings. There are two simple methods to do it: manually pressing the reset button on the device or using the Google Home App from your mobile phone.
The steps are simple and pretty easy to do, even if you don’t have any experience in advance. You can follow the step-by-step instructions that we will provide in this article.
Before we jump to the tutorial, you need to know the consequences of the action.
What happens if I factory reset my Chromecast Ultra?
When you perform a factory reset to your Chromecast Ultra or other versions, your device settings will go back to their default factory settings. All settings and data will be completely erased, including the saved WiFi passwords. And this action cannot be undone. Thus, you need to be sure before proceeding with it.
However, resetting your Chromecast Ultra can be a good solution when you experience some issues with your device. There are some common problems that can happen to your device, such as Chromecast cannot connect to WiFi, cannot cast to your Android TV, getting a ‘reconnect me’ error, and many more.
After you wipe your Chromecast Ultra, you need to set up the device once again to be able to use it. How to set up your Chromecast Ultra? It’s no different than when you connected it for the first time.
- 22 Chromecast Remote Tips and Tricks You Need to Know
- How to Update Chromecast Firmware to the Latest Version (2021)
How do I completely reset my Chromecast Ultra?
The first method is manually pressing the reset button on your device. You don’t need any apps to do it.
- Plug your Chromecast Ultra into your TV.
- Find the button on the side of the device and press it.
- You will see an orange LED blinking.
- Wait until the orange LED turns white. Then, release the button.
- The Chromecast Ultra will restart.
2. Use Google Home app
It is also possible to perform a factory reset to your Chromecast 4K from the Google Home app.
Do the following instructions:
- Download and install the Google Home app on your iPhone/iPad or Android devices.
- Turn on your TV and connect your Chromecast to the WiFi network.
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile phone.
- Connect the Google Home app to your WiFi network.
- Hit Chromecast Ultra on the app and go to Settings.
- Navigate to More > Factory reset > Factory reset.
Note: the methods above also work for Chromecast 1st gen, 2nd gen, and 3rd gen.
Now, your Chromecast Ultra (4K) should work normally again.
Update the Chromecast Ultra Firmware
We suggest you update the firmware to its latest version. A notification to update usually will appear on your screen once updates are available. Alternatively, you can also check the updates manually from your Android TV. Go to Settings > System > About > System update.
You can start to install the updates if there are any. Wait until it’s completed. Don’t interrupt the process because it can cause any malfunction.