Do you happen to experience an HBO Max not working issue on your computer? The problem may vary, like slow loading, buffering, or random pauses.
On this post, we will share with you how to solve the HBO Max not working issue. The methods will cover:
- Restart your computer or laptop.
- How to update your browser.
- Using different browser.
- How to test your internet speed.
- Using a wired connection.
- Reducing network activity.
Computer Minimum Requirement
The supported specs for the computer is as follows:
- PC: Windows 7 or later
- Mac: Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) or above
- Google Chromebooks: Chrome browser version 78 or later
How to Fix HBO Max Not Working Issue
1. Restart your computer
The simplest way to solve almost any issue on your computer is by restarting it. This will refresh your system and also internet connection. Do as follows:
- Exit all running apps.
- Shut down your computer.
- Unplug all cables attached, including modem and router.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Turn on the modem and router.
- Wait until they are connected to the internet.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the internet.
- Visit HBO Max website and try play a movie.
2. Update your browser
Make sure that you are using supported browser as follows:
- Safari: version 12 or above.
- Chrome or Mozilla Firefox: the latest version.
- Microsoft Edge for Windows: the latest version.
Check the version of your browser. If your browser is outdated, then you should update it right away.
3. Using different browser
If you have updated your browser to the latest version and somehow the problem still exists, try different browser. You can either using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Here are other things you need to do:
- Remove the ad-blocking and other unnecessary add-ons or plugins.
- Don’t use the incognito and turn off your VPN software (unless you’re outside the US).
- Enable the third-party cookies on your browser (this should be by default).
Once you have done setting them all, you can visit HBO Max website again and play an on-demand movie to see if it’s working.
4. Test connection speed
The minimum download speed to watch movie on HBO Max is 5Mbps. So, you need to check your internet connection speed in order to make sure that it passes the minimum requirement.
To check your connection speed, open your browser and go to Speed Test. Click on GO button and the result will appear within seconds.
If your speed is low, then you know why you face HBO Max not working issue. Then, you can go to the next method.
5. Use a wired connection
If you are using a wireless connection and the result is bad, then you need to consider to using a wired connection.
A wired connection is more stable than a wireless one. You will need an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to your router. Also make sure that it’s connected tightly.
6. Reduce network activity
Close all applications and stop the downloading progress before you play a movie on HBO Max to avoid slow loading.
Besides, check who are using the internet at the moment. If other users are using the same network and they are downloading big files or streaming a video too, it is no wonder that your HBO Max is not working or buffering.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Support Center.
I’ve been writing about tech since 2014. I found it fascinating to see the development of technology. My focus mostly is on app reviews, tips & tricks, and troubleshooting.