How to add Hulu to LG Smart TV? This has been quite a popular question recently. Many people are interested to Hulu streaming service to watch their favorite TV shows or movies. As you know, Hulu has the support for LG Smart TV and if you are looking for some guidance, then you have come to the right place.
How to add Hulu to LG Smart TV
Basically, most LG models running WebOS 3.0 has the classic Hulu app by default. So, you don’t need to add Hulu to LG Smart TV manually. The classic Hulu app allows the users to watch videos from Hulu’s streaming library, but unfortunately, they will not have access to features like Premium Add-ons and Live TV.
If you are wondering about the version of WebOS you have on your LG Smart TV, you can do the one of the following methods to check for it:
- Go to LG official website and check your unit model.
- Look at the back of the unit.
- Find the Mute button on your remote control and press on it 3 times. The model information will show up afterwards.
- Older models can press the Home button on their remote and select Settings or Setup > Support Menu > Product/Service Info – and then press OK.
If your LG Smart TV is using WebOS 3.0, then you should upgrade it to WebOS 3.5 or higher to get latest Hulu app on your LG Smart TV.
How to get Hulu on LG Smart TV
However, some LG models support the latest Hulu app that gives users access to new features and all content based on the subscription.
You can get the latest Hulu on these LG TV models:
- All LG TVs with webOS 3.5 or higher
- Select devices with webOS 3.0 – not including the B6, UH6350, and UH6330 models, or the UH77, UH76, and UH61 series
- LG TVs powered by Roku TV (LF5700 series)
Usually, Hulu will update the application automatically. But if you want to check the firmware updates manually, you can do the following instructions:
- On your remote, press the Home/smart button.
- Go to Settings in the top right.
- Choose All Settings > General > About this TV > Check for updates.
- Wait until the it’s completed.
To make the updating easier, you can check Allow automatic updates feature. So, whenever there is a Hulu update, it will download and install automatically.
Hulu is growing quite rapidly as a streaming service. With $54.99 per month, the users can have access to more than 65 channels with a vast on-demand library of TV shows and movies. One of the features that makes Hulu becomes popular is the Hulu Live TV. This is kind of an alternative to cable and satellite TV.