This guide will teach you how to set up your Roku Streaming Stick 4K step by step.
Roku has been a popular streaming service for many years now. It has always been a great alternative to other streaming services because it offers more channels, is cheaper, and is one of the few that offer 4K content.
The Roku Streaming Stick 4K is the newest version of Roku’s streaming stick. It has all the features that you would expect from Roku, plus it offers 4K content and HDR10+ support.
Roku Streaming Stick 4K comes with a remote that has a headphone jack, so you can listen to your favorite shows without disturbing others in the room. And there are more than 500 channels and entertainment options for you to choose from, including Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO Now, and YouTube.
Setting up your Roku Streaming Stick 4K is super easy and takes less than 10 minutes!
Let’s get started!
What’s in the box?
Before we jump to the tutorial, you need to know what you will get when you purchase Roku Streaming Stick 4K.
When you open the box, here’s what you will get:
- a Roku Streaming Stick 4K
- Two AAA Duracell batteries
- a Roku remote
- a USB power cable with a long-range Wi-Fi receiver
- a power adaptor
- a manual book
Step by Step Guide to Set Up Your Roku Streaming Stick 4K (Model 3820)
Step 1: Connect Roku Streaming Stick 4K to your TV
1. Connect one end of the USB power cable with a long-range Wi-Fi receiver to your Roku Streaming Stick 4K and connect another end to the power adaptor.
2. Plug Roku Streaming Stick 4K into the HDMI port on your TV. The USB port is located either at the back or the side of your TV.
3. Plug the power adaptor into the power socket.
If the power socket is full or the power adaptor cannot reach the power socket, you can plug the USB cable into the USB port on your TV.
4. Turn on your TV and use the remote to select input or source to Roku Streaming Stick 4K.
Step 2: Pair Roku Remote
1. Open the cover of the battery compartment.
2. Insert the Duracell batteries into the remote and close the cover.
3. The light will be blinking green.
4. Wait for the Roku remote to pair automatically.
If it doesn’t, press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds and you’ll start seeing the flashing light.
Step 3: Choose a language
After you see the Roku logo, the first thing you need to do is to select the language that you are using.
Roku supports various languages, such as English, Deutch, Espanol, French, Portugis, and more.
Press OK on your Roku remote to select the language.
Step 4: Roku Streaming Stick 4K to the internet
To stream content using Roku Streaming Stick 4K, you’ll need to connect it to the internet via wireless or wired.
If you use a wired connection, just plug the cable into the port at the back of your TV.
If you use a wireless connection, do the steps below:
1. Select Set up now wireless connection.
2. Select your network. Hit Scan again to see all network if your network doesn’t appear on the list.
3. Insert the password. Select Show password to see if you are entering the correct password.
If your password is using a capital letter, select the Shift button on the on-screen keyboard before entering the letter.
4. Select Connect after you finish entering the password.
5. When the network is connected, you are good to go.
Step 5: Update Roku Streaming Stick 4K
After your Roku Streaming Stick 4K is connected to the internet, it will start updating the software to the latest version automatically. It will have the latest features and channels.
When it happens, all you need to do is to wait for the process until it’s completed.
Step 6: Set the display type
Once your Roku Streaming Stick 4K has been updated, you will be prompted to set the display type.
1. Select Auto detect display type.
2. Press OK and Roku will analyze your HDMI connection automatically and determine the best resolution for your TV.
3. If you can read the text easily, select Yes, screen looks good.
Select No, I will choose a different setting if you are not happy with the result and prefer to set the display type manually.
Step 7: Activate your Roku Streaming Stick 4K
Do you have a Roku account?
Select Yes, I already have one if you have a Roku account already. But, if you don’t, select No, I need to create one.
You will also be prompted to set a PIN to manage your subscriptions and purchases on your Roku device. There are three options that you can choose:
- Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store.
- Always require a PIN to make purchases.
- A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store.
After you select the option, click Continue.
Set your payment method. You need your credit or debit card, or PayPal credential, including the billing address information.
It’s required so that you can buy or rent movies and subscribe to channels easily from Roku.
Roku will not charge you unless you make a purchase.
Add the channels that you want to watch to Roku and click Continue. Roku will start installing the selected channels to your playlist. It takes a few minutes to finish.
Once it’s completed, you are ready to stream content on Roku Streaming Stick 4K.
Those were how to set up your Roku Streaming Stick 4K (model 3820).
For queries, please contact Support.
Read Other Roku Tips:
- Do These 6 Tips When Your Philips Roku TV Has No Sound
- How to Set Up Your Roku Ultra to Play 4K Videos
- How to Add and Activate USA Network on Roku TV