These 6 tips can help you fix your Philips Roku TV with no sound issue.
The Philips Roku TV is an excellent device for those who are looking for a TV that offers a complete entertainment package. It has a good picture quality and it also provides access to many channels and services. However, there are some issues that users of the device may experience. One of them is the sound issue.
Recently, people have been reporting that they are not able to hear any sounds while watching movies on their Philips Roku TV. This can be quite frustrating as it makes it difficult to understand what is happening in the movie or show. Fortunately, there are some ways in which you can fix this problem and make sure that you don’t miss out on any of your favorite shows or movies again!
Let’s get started!
6 Tips to fix your Philips Roku TV’s no sound issue
Tip 1: Restart your Philips Roku TV
1. Press the power button on your remote or on the left side of your Philips Roku TV to turn it off.
2. Disconnect the cable from the power socket and wait a few seconds.
3. Reconnect the cable to the power cord and turn on your TV.
Tip 2: Check the volume
You can also use your remote to adjust the volume on your Philips Roku TV. Or, you can press the volume buttons on the left side of your TV
The volume bar should appear on your screen when you are adjusting the volume.
If your Philips Roku TV still has no sounds after you adjust the volume, do the next step.
Tip 3: Check the audio connection
If you are using external speakers like a soundbar or a home theater, please check the cable connector.
You can try unplugging and replugging the cable connecting the external speakers. There is a chance that the connector is loose, causing the Philips Roku TV no sound issue.
If you have external devices that still use red, yellow, and white cables, such as a DVD player, home theater system, video cassette recorder, or gaming console, make sure you plug the audio cables into the correct ports.
The yellow cable is used for video output. The white cable serves as the left audio out, while the red cable serves as the right audio out.
If the problem persists after replugging the cables, try using different cables. It’s possible that the issue is with the connector cables.
Besides, make sure to adjust the volume on your soundbar or home theater.
Tip 4: Connect to other external speakers
If you have other external speakers at home, you can connect them to your Philips Roku TV. If the no sound issue disappears, then it is obvious that the problem is with your previous speaker.
Tip 5: Update to the latest software
When was the last time you updated the software on your Philips Roku TV? If it’s been quite some time, I suggest you get the latest software.
Every update contains patches that can help you fix the problems that exist in the current version. It also has additional features that can enhance the performance of your devices. Thus, updating your Philips Roku TV to the latest version is essential.
Option 1: From Settings
1. Go to the home settings by pressing the Home button on your Philips TV remote.
2. Using the arrow buttons on your remote, navigate to Settings > All settings
3. Select Update Software.
4. Select Search for updates > Internet.
5. Select Start now.
6. Your TV will start to search for the update. If there is a new update available, choose Update.
7. Select Accept for the terms and agreements.
8. Select Start. Your TV will turn on and off several times. Do not interrupt the process.
9. After the update software is finished, select Restart.
Option 2: Using a USB flash drive
Note: You will need an empty USB flash drive, a fast internet connection, and a ZIP extraction app.
1. Open your browser and visit phillips.com/support.
2. Insert the model number of your item in the provided box and hit Enter.
The model number consists of a 5-6 digit code like HX9352. There are several places where you can find the model number of your TV.
You can find it on the product, the purchase receipt, order confirmation, your Philips account, or at the bottom of the packaging.
3. Choose your model from the list.
4. Scroll down to the Software and Drivers section. If updates are available, click Download file to get the software updates.
Make sure that you have a fast internet connection to download the updates, as the size is pretty big.
5. After the download is complete, go to the Downloads folder or a folder where you save the files to find the updates. The file should be in ZIP format.
6. Right-click on the ZIP file and click Extract.
7. After the extraction is complete, plug your USB flash drive into your computer and copy the extracted file to the flash drive.
Place the extracted files in the root directory of your USB flash drive. Don’t put them in a new folder.
8. Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer and plug it into your TV.
9. Press Home on your remote.
10. Go to Settings > All Settings > Update Software > Search for updates > USB, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
After the update is completed, your TV will be on standby mode. If it doesn’t, unplug the cable from the power socket for a few seconds and replug it.
If a notification saying [No valid upgrade software found!] appears on your screen, make sure that you are on the right directory and the file name is not changed.
You can disconnect the USB flash drive after your Philips Roku TV is successfully updated.
Tip 6: Perform a factory reset
Please note that a factory reset will delete all saved data on your device, including the settings.
There are two ways to reset your Philips Roku TV to the factory settings: press the reset button and from the settings.
1. Locate the reset button on the right side.
2. Press the Reset button once to restore it to the factory settings.
Option 2: From the Settings
1. Press the Home button on your remote to go to the home screen.
2. Use the arrow buttons on your remote to go to Settings > All Settings.
3. Select General Settings.
4 Select Reinstall TV.
If you enable the PIN, you need to enter your PIN and confirm it.
It may take a few seconds to reset your Philips TV.
Now, you need to set up your Philips Roku TV again.
If you still encounter the Philips Roku TV no sound issue after doing all the tips above, please contact support.
Read Other Roku Tips:
- How to Log Out of Netflix on All Roku Devices
- How to Set Up Your Roku Ultra to Play 4K Videos
- How to Reset the Network Connection on Your Roku TV